The Burlington Police Department is investigating what it said appears to be a gunfire incident outside a shopping mall on Thursday night.
In response to calls for help around 9:30 p.m., Burlington police found a vehicle that had crashed into a utility pole at the exit of the Shelburne Road Shopping Plaza, Acting Police Chief Jon Murad said in a press release.
Murad said the vehicle driver, an 18-year-old man, had an “apparent gunshot wound” to his torso. He said police and Burlington Fire Department personnel performed emergency treatment on the man before taking him to the University of Vermont Medical Center.
He said a police investigation is in its earliest stages and all case information is preliminary.
- Randolph boy dies in ATV crash in Mount Holly (August 25, 11:37 am)
- Burlington teen charged in shooting that injured 2 people (August 24, 10:54 pm)
- Burlington police respond to gunfire incident at Perkins Pier (August 23, 1:55 pm)
- South Royalton man shot in Brookfield on Sunday (August 23, 9:37 am)
- Police release few new details about fatal Brattleboro shooting (August 22, 6:41 pm)