Police responded to reports of gunfire at Burlington’s Perkins Pier parking lot on Monday night.
Witnesses told police that at around 10 p.m. multiple shots were fired from a white sedan at a darker colored sedan with tinted windows. Both vehicles then sped off.
Police said they recovered ballistic evidence confirming that a shooting took place but that no injuries had been reported.
This is the 22nd gunfire incident in Burlington since the start of 2022. It marks the second incident along the city’s waterfront in recent days. On Aug. 19, a shooting at the Andy “A_Dog” Williams Skatepark left at least one person wounded.
The investigation is still in a preliminary stage, police said.
— Kori Skillman
Did you know VTDigger is a nonprofit?
Our journalism is made possible by member donations. If you value what we do, please contribute and help keep this vital resource accessible to all.
Latest News Briefs
- Randolph boy dies in ATV crash in Mount Holly (August 25, 11:37 am)
- Burlington teen charged in shooting that injured 2 people (August 24, 10:54 pm)
- Burlington police respond to gunfire incident at Perkins Pier (August 23, 1:55 pm)
- South Royalton man shot in Brookfield on Sunday (August 23, 9:37 am)
- Police release few new details about fatal Brattleboro shooting (August 22, 6:41 pm)