An ATV crash near Ludlow claimed the life of a Randolph boy early Tuesday evening, according to Vermont State Police.
Jason Wooden, 13, was riding his 2002 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV at around 6 p.m. when he “appeared to have lost control of the ATV and left the roadway” near Gates Road South in Mount Holly, state police said in a news release.
Jason, who police said was wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Vermont State Police said the crash remains under investigation and ask anyone with further information to please contact the Rutland Barracks at 802-773-9101 or via email at [email protected]
— Valley News
Correction: An earlier version of this story misspelled Mount Holly.
Did you know VTDigger is a nonprofit?
Our journalism is made possible by member donations. If you value what we do, please contribute and help keep this vital resource accessible to all.
Latest News Briefs
- Randolph boy dies in ATV crash in Mount Holly (August 25, 11:37 am)
- Burlington teen charged in shooting that injured 2 people (August 24, 10:54 pm)
- Burlington police respond to gunfire incident at Perkins Pier (August 23, 1:55 pm)
- South Royalton man shot in Brookfield on Sunday (August 23, 9:37 am)
- Police release few new details about fatal Brattleboro shooting (August 22, 6:41 pm)